Find more deliciously healthy recipes like this from Maya Nahra, RD. Try out these Paleo Peppermint Mocha Fudge that will satiate any sweet tooth and are gut-friendly!
Peppermint Mocha Fudge (No Refined Sugar, Paleo)
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 T instant coffee granules
- 4 drops peppermint oil or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-4 T maple syrup
- 1 t tea salt to taste for topping
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Let the parchment paper go over the sides to create a sling. Lightly coat with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut milk, instant coffee, syrup, and peppermint extract over medium low heat in a small sauce pan. This will take anywhere from 7-12 minutes. Taste to see if more maple syrup is needed for your level of sweetness. Start with 1 and add in additional syrup to taste. Add salt.
- Gently pour melted chocolate into your pan. Top with more sea salt. Refrigerate for at least two hours, or until firm. Remove from pan and slice into small squares. Serve cold or at room temperature.